The central revelation in the Old Testament and the Christian foundation of the Potchefstoom University. The PU for CHE acknowledges the revelation of God in creation and his Word as its foundation. The issue concerning the focus of the revelation in Scripture is answered in different ways. Looking at the Old Testament from a revelatory-cognitive approach, the LORD’S own disclosure as “I am who I am” (Exodus 3:14) may be a meaningful response. The concept “I am who I am” has a incomprehensible as well as a comprehensible meaning which reveals our knowledge of the LORD in a great diversity (He is God, the Creator, the Saviour, the Holy One, etc.). In addition, Christ proclaimed Himself in the New Testament as "I am ... ”. This central concept opens up the opportunity for a Christian university to do scientific work with the full reality of creation as its object.
- Ownership of copyright in terms of the Work remains with the authors.
- The authors retain the non-exclusive right to do anything they wish with the Work, provided attribution is given to the place and detail of original publication, as set out in the official citation of the Work published in the journal. The retained right specifically includes the right to post the Work on the authors’ or their institutions’ websites or institutional repository.
- The authors grant the title owner and the publisher an irrevocable license and first right and perpetual subsequent right to (a) publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Work in any form/medium, (b) to translate the Work into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Work or other derivative works based on the Work and exercise all of the rights set forth in (a) above in such translations, adaptations, summaries, extracts and derivative works, (c) to license others to do any or all of the above, and (d) to register the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for the Definitive Work.
- The authors acknowledge and accept the user licence under which the Work will be published as set out in http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/za/legalcode (Creative Commons Attribution License South Africa)
- The undersigned warrant that they have the authority to license these publication rights and that no portion of the copyright to the Work has been assigned or licensed previously to any other party.
Disclaimer: The publisher, editors and title owner accept no responsibility for any statement made or opinion expressed by any other person in this Work. Consequently, they will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by any reader as a result of his or her action upon any statement or opinion in this Work.
In cases where a manuscript is NOT accepted for publication by the editorial board, the portions of this agreement regarding the publishing licensing shall be null and void and the authors will be free to submit this manuscript to any other publication for first publication.
Our copyright policies are author-friendly and protect the rights of our authors and publishing partners.