AbstractFundamental Pedagogics, as one of the group of sciences constituting Education, has it's own set of research methods, although investigation of and thought about these do not always seem to he firmly grounded. Such investigation reveals that the inductive, verification o f hypothesis method as well as the method of literature study, is a basic method of this discipline. Apart from these well-known methods there are, however, other methods of research which are useful only for Fundamental Pedagogics. Such methods would include the method of reflection about principles where the process of thinking fulfils itself within the framework of regulative principles; the method of the analysis of phenomena as a subsection of the encompassing method of the empirical study of structure, the transcendental-critical method with its various phases (the immanent. the transcendental, the. transcendent and the ethretical) and the problem- historical method. For the Fundamental Pedagogics student all these methods (as far as possible in combination to evade the danger of monism) are useful and important, because they do not only enable him to analyse the phenomenon of education, hut also to reflet tellingly on educational events and to describe educational structures, as well as to dele) mine which religion is the driving force behind a specific theory of education and practice of education, and which then functions within that framework.
- Ownership of copyright in terms of the Work remains with the authors.
- The authors retain the non-exclusive right to do anything they wish with the Work, provided attribution is given to the place and detail of original publication, as set out in the official citation of the Work published in the journal. The retained right specifically includes the right to post the Work on the authors’ or their institutions’ websites or institutional repository.
Publication and user license
- The authors grant the title owner and the publisher an irrevocable license and first right and perpetual subsequent right to (a) publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Work in any form/medium, (b) to translate the Work into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Work or other derivative works based on the Work and exercise all of the rights set forth in (a) above in such translations, adaptations, summaries, extracts and derivative works, (c) to license others to do any or all of the above, and (d) to register the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for the Definitive Work.
- The authors acknowledge and accept the user licence under which the Work will be published as set out in https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ (Creative Commons Attribution License South Africa)
- The undersigned warrant that they have the authority to license these publication rights and that no portion of the copyright to the Work has been assigned or licensed previously to any other party.
Disclaimer: The publisher, editors and title owner accept no responsibility for any statement made or opinion expressed by any other person in this Work. Consequently, they will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by any reader as a result of his or her action upon any statement or opinion in this Work.
In cases where a manuscript is NOT accepted for publication by the editorial board, the portions of this agreement regarding the publishing licensing shall be null and void and the authors will be free to submit this manuscript to any other publication for first publication.
Our copyright policies are author-friendly and protect the rights of our authors and publishing partners.